Sloths are known for their slowness in movements, have you ever felt a little bit like a sloth? I have been feeling a little sluggish, it may be the dreary weather, the business of life, the need to take a break.
Whatever the reason is, these Sloth patterns cheered up my day. Seeing how cute their little grins are as they hang upside down just makes me giggle. I hope you enjoy seeing some of my favorite sloth patterns today.
15 Fun Sloth Facts According to Global Animal
- Sloths are clumsy on land but are great swimmers.
- Sloths are arboreal animals, so they spend most of their time in trees.
- They only urinate/defecate once a week.
- Contrary to their reputation, sloths only sleep about 10 hours a day.
- Sloths defecate and urinate at the same place every time and because of this they are vulnerable to predators.
- Algae grow on their fur, which camouflages them green.
- Sloths diets consist mostly of leaves which gives them minimal energy and nutrition.
- Primary predators of sloths include eagles, snakes, and jaguars.
- Sloths can retain their grip after death.
- Three-toed sloths can turn their heads almost 360 degrees.
- Sloths are nocturnal animals.
- Sloths have up to four-inch-long claws used to hold onto tree branches.
- They are solitary creatures who only gather to mate.
- Female sloths are normally pregnant for seven to 10 months and will only give birth to one baby.
- Sloths can live up to 40 years old.
Sloth Crochet Pattern Round Up
More Round Ups You Will Love
Darling Animal Appliques: click HERE
More Crochet Fun
Follow Sweet Potato 3 on Facebook to see more pattern releases, sales and crochet fun, just click HERE.
However, if you would enjoy a more interactive group experience, you need to join my Crochet & Conversations facebook group, click HERE. It is a ton of fun and I encourage everyone to share their projects, WIPS (works in progress) and inspirations. Plus you get exclusive deals, are the first to see new releases, give input on designs and have opportunities to win patterns. Join now and get to know others who also enjoy the art of crochet.