Christmas stockings are a holiday tradition that many families enjoy. The act of simply hanging them on the fireplace hearth brings so much joy and a sense of family time. As parents we anticipate our children waking up Christmas morning and the excitement of what they will find inside.
Adding a handmade touch on the tradition of stockings is always meaningful. I designed the Joyeux Noel Stocking pattern to help you add that loving touch to your holidays this year.
The Joyeux Christmas Stocking crochet pattern is made using a unique crochet stitch that creates a thick fabric. This allows the stocking to hold it’s shape while being displayed and helps while being filled with goodies as well.
Make the stocking in any color combination to match your holiday decor. Then you can add tassels (as shown in photo), buttons, flower appliques or more to make each stocking just slightly different.
The crochet instructions for the Joyeux Noel stocking includes a photo tutorial for the unique stitch as well as progress photos throughout the pattern.
Supplies for the Joyeux Noel Stocking
- Crochet Hook Size I (5.50mm)
- Crochet Hook Size J (6.00 mm)
- Worsted (#4) Weight Yarn in 2 colors – Main Color 250-275 yards / Contrasting Color 100-125 yards (sample was made using Caron Simply Soft – MC: Taupe / CC: Bone)
- Measuring Tape
- Yarn Needle
Where to find the Joyeux Noel Christmas Stocking pattern
- Etsy shop: Click HERE
- Ravelry shop: Click HERE
- Love Craft Shop: Click HERE
More Christmas Pattern you may Love:
- O’Christmas Tree Skirt pattern: Click HERE
- Long John Christmas Stocking pattern: Click HERE
- FREE Elf Hat with Curved Tip & Bell pattern: Click HERE
- Mitten Bunting & Advent Calendar pattern + printable: Click HERE
More Crochet Fun
Follow Sweet Potato 3 on Facebook to see more pattern releases, sales and crochet fun, just click HERE.
However, if you would enjoy a more interactive group experience, you need to join my Crochet & Conversations facebook group, click HERE. It is a ton of fun and I encourage everyone to share their projects, WIPS (works in progress) and inspirations. Plus you get exclusive deals, are the first to see new releases, give input on designs and have opportunities to win patterns. Join now and get to know others who also enjoy the art of crochet.