Giving the gift of something handmade always adds a very personal touch to a gift to new parents. Having a new baby is always such a blessing that you want to cherish and hold onto forever. Baby hats has always been a go-to gift for me. You can usually see a newborn wrapped in a blanket with a hat for warmth.
I designed the Timeless Treasures Hat to coordinate with the baby blanket pattern I released last month. But, honestly, this hat is so cute on it’s own I would still be happy to gift it with a cute onesie or rattle.
Made to coordinate with the blanket
For those that are really close to me, like family and friends, I try to find the time to give them a blanket along with the hat. The Timeless Treasures Baby Blanket is a new design that I love. It reminds me of a family heirloom and keepsake that I would be honored to gift. Look how cute it looks with the hat too! Check further in my blog post for a full photo of the blanket and to find links to the pattern as well.
Materials List for the pattern
- Crochet Hook size G (4.50 mm)
- Crochet Hook size H (5.00 mm)
- Crochet Hook size I (5.50 mm)
- DK Weight Yarn (#3 or light #4) in 2 colors – 50-80 yards total depending on size
- Blue Sample made in: Berroco comfort (blue) & Bernat Baby Sport (white)
- Yellow Sample made in: Mary Maxim Baby Value yarn (yellow & white)
- Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle
Find the Hat Pattern In My Shops
- Ravelry Shop – click HERE
- Etsy Shop – click HERE or for a bundle with both the hat & blanket pattern – click HERE
Coordinating Timeless Treasures Baby Blanket Pattern
As I mentioned above, this hat was designed to coordinate with one of my favorite baby blankets. The Timeless Treasures Baby Blanket is made from the center out and is designed as a family heirloom blanket. This keepsake with be passed down through the generations.
Other Baby / Newborn Patterns You May Love
- Free Merino Thick & Thin Newborn Hat Pattern – click HERE
- Precious Newborn Romper, click HERE
- Trellis Newborn Hat & Cocoon, click HERE
More Crochet Fun
Follow Sweet Potato 3 on Facebook to see more pattern releases, sales and crochet fun, just click HERE.
Want a more interactive group experience, you need to join my Crochet & Conversations facebook group. To join the group, click HERE. It is a ton of fun and I encourage everyone to share their projects, WIPS (works in progress) and inspirations. Plus get exclusive deals, be the first to see new releases, give input on designs and have opportunities to win patterns. Join now and get to know others who also enjoy the art of crochet.